Rose Island Lighthouse was built in 1870. The Rose Island Lighthouse Foundation was organized in 1984 to restore and operate the lighthouse. NCA volunteered its services to restore the maritime landmark. The project entailed restoring the century-old keeper’s quarters and creating a living museum. The project earned Rhode Island Historical Preservation & Heritage Commission Preservation Award.
NORTHEAST COLLABORATIVE ARCHITECTS NAME SIX NEW PRINCIPALS