Rockry Hall was designed by Seth Bradford in 1890. A fire ravaged the mansion soon after construction. During reconstruction, a neighboring Queen Anne was moved 100 feet and angled into Rockry Hall on the northeast corner. The end product was a mixture of two periods. NCA strengthened the Gothic Revival aspects of the residential project by re-establishing the original building’s edges, displaying original quoins, removing concrete parging, and implementing suitable color schemes. Old photographs were used to reconstruct the porte cochere. The porch was reconstructed and breakfast room, garage, and kitchen were added to the first floor. A master bedroom was added to the second floor. The project earned the Newport Historical Society Preservation Award.
NORTHEAST COLLABORATIVE ARCHITECTS NAME SIX NEW PRINCIPALS