NCA restored the historic 1899 lighthouse. The project entailed removing 52 tons of guano, stripping rust, applying marine coatings, repairing the cracked caisson and restoring windows, doors, railings, columns and lantern. The exterior was painted to replicate the original colors and rip rap was reinforced. The project earned Rhode Island Historical Preservation & Heritage Commission Preservation Award and AIA/RI Merit Award.
NORTHEAST COLLABORATIVE ARCHITECTS NAME SIX NEW PRINCIPALS