NCA transformed the 1876 property into a boutique hotel. The design replicated the original porch, replaced the roof and windows, and reconfigured the first floor to accommodate a new commercial kitchen, reception area, and office. 12 guest suites were remodeled with gas fireplaces and spa bathrooms. The parking was reorganized and two-thirds of the yard was reclaimed for a perennial garden, stone walls, walking paths and outdoor fireplace. This project earned the 2014 Doris Duke Preservation Award.
NORTHEAST COLLABORATIVE ARCHITECTS NAME SIX NEW PRINCIPALS